Toronto Global is a not-for-profit investment attraction agency that supports the expansion of foreign-owned businesses to the Toronto Region. We represent the Cities of Toronto, Mississauga and Brampton, as well as the Regions of Durham, Halton and York, and work closely with the Government of Canada, the Province of Ontario, and our municipal partners to offer complimentary and customized services to growing international companies.
We assist companies by sharing market research and intelligence that supports their decision-making, and by facilitating local connections to assist with the establishment of operations in the region. Toronto Global actively promotes the competitive advantages of the Toronto Region as an ideal location for corporate expansion.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Investment Attraction, the Team Lead of Investment Attraction is a member of Toronto Global’s leadership team and will play a significant role in the ongoing development of a high-performing client-facing team and in fostering integration and alignment between Investment Attraction, Research & Insights and Marketing & Communications. This includes identifying, evaluating and implementing tools, processes and initiatives to continually improve Toronto Global’s added value to the corporate site selection decision process and to support smooth and efficient internal operations. In particular, the Team Lead is responsible for three key areas:
Team & Account Management:
- Provide leadership and oversight on the performance and training of the entire Investment Attraction team.
- Directly lead a team of advisors that manage inbound investment inquiries and accounts, and prospect new leads in assigned international markets. This involves managing the team that is tasked with qualifying and servicing relevant projects, and directly handling a select number of key strategic opportunities.
- Ensuring the entire Investment Attraction team maintains access and uses a suite of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) tools to support lead generation and account management, and coordinating team training when appropriate.
Quality Control and Reporting:
- Ensuring a consistent high standard of account management and material development is maintained across the entire Investment Attraction team. This applies to the various aspects of account management, including method and frequency of follow-up, visit coordination, analysis and benchmarking and presentation of relevant data and information.
- Instill a performance-driven environment by tracking and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure productivity across all market teams.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Marketing & Communications and Director of Research & Insights, to identify, evaluate and implement tools, processes and initiatives related to aspects such as information sharing, lead generation, content development, partnerships and the coordination of external outreach in an effort to improve organizational efficiencies and enhance the organization’s ability to identify and attract international businesses;
- Contribute to strategic projects and the development of the organization’s strategic plan and annual business plan.
- Provide leadership to the Investment Attraction team, including market teams that have a strategic lead generation focus on North America, Europe and Asia;
- Responsible to provide day-to-day direction, support and guidance to the team;
- Provides input to the Executive Vice President, Investment Attraction, to staff performance reviews;
- Work collaboratively with and manage, support and direct a team of Advisors who work with inbound investment inquiries to identify and service projects that present an opportunity for the Toronto Region;
- Oversee and manage the implementation of Toronto Global’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, including providing proper training for all users and serving as a key point person for all relevant reporting for Toronto Global’s senior management team and key stakeholders;
- Participate with other members of the leadership team in management planning, coordination and development activities;
- Manage all aspects of in-bound familiarization tours.
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline required;
- Previous experience in developing and managing a strategic team is required;
- Minimum 5-7 years’ previous progressive management experience in a related industry is desired and, international experience is preferred;
- Experience in government is an asset;
- Previous experience in economic development and investment attraction is required;
- Exceptional English verbal/written communication and presentation skills; additional language proficiencies are a plus, but not required;
- Strong strategic planning abilities and critical thinking skills;
- Above average proficiency in MS Office software applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to format and create visually compelling and professional documents, in alignment with established visual identity guidelines;
- Experience implementing, building and maintaining a robust CRM system;
- A self-motivated person who embraces change, challenge and organization;
- Strong team mentality and ability to work well with others;
- Appreciation and understanding of global economic trends;
- Deep interest and understanding of the Toronto Region and Ontario economies, and the opportunities to attract foreign direct investment;
- A passion for the Toronto Region is a must.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Toronto Global is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. All accommodation requests will be kept strictly confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.