Special Business Area Coordinator – Contract/Job Rotation
Department of City Building
Job Number: CB-81-20
Employment Status: Contract/Job Rotation (12 months)
This position is responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans for the City’s Special Business Areas which include the two designated Business Improvement Areas, the Downtown and Aldershot. This includes coordination of a wide range of public and private sector activities occurring in the two areas, including planning, infrastructure, and economic development. This will involve liaising with various interest groups and area residents to help build stronger business areas and attract development in the Downtown and Aldershot, while ensuring diverse interests are respected.
Provide overall leadership and liaison on projects and issues within the two designated Business Improvement Areas, including:
- Assisting prospective new business with finding suitable space and navigating municipal approvals
- Liaising with Burlington Economic Development Corporation
- Identifying emerging issues and opportunities in the Downtown and Aldershot and advising senior management accordingly
- Preparation of a major waterfront redevelopment/secondary plan
- Leading and participating on cross-divisional project teams
- Implementing approved projects which involves managing outside consultants and liaising with internal and external departments, agencies and the public
- Providing advice and responding to enquiries from the two Business Improvements Areas (Downtown and Aldershot)
Responding to enquiries on Downtown and Aldershot matters from business owners, the public and elected officials
The successful applicant will hold a University degree (4 year) in Planning, Economic Development, or related field. This position requires 5 years relevant professional planning or economic development work experience. Experience in stakeholder collaboration and leading multi-disciplinary teams is also required.
Salary Range: $89,164 – $111,455 (Grade 11)
Posting Close Date: July 10, 2020
How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.burlington.ca/careers and click on “View Jobs”. Please note that applications are only accepted online. If you require assistance, please contact Human Resources at 905-335-7602.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
An equal opportunity employer.