Do you want to make a real difference to the success of a rural-small town community that is vibrant and growing – Haldimand County is currently seeking an energetic, self-starter for the position of Senior Economic Development Officer to be part of the Economic Development and Tourism Division.
As a valued member of the team, in this role you will:
- Use your knowledge and strategic skills to help companies overcome barriers to growth by reviewing business development strategies, providing advice, resources and information to local businesses.
- Manage client relationships with key industry stakeholders, business and government representatives.
- Provide a variety of business development and advisory services.
With a focus on a variety of sectors that include manufacturing and agriculture; and a passion for helping entrepreneurs become their most competitive, the ideal candidate will have past experience that includes:
- Collaboration with local businesses to develop plans to increase competitiveness, expand into new markets, attract and retain investments through an annual business retention and expansion program.
- Liaise with stakeholders and partners to improve the business environment within Haldimand County.
- Demonstrated strength and knowledge in finance, trade, investment and marketing theories and business management operations to perform strategic analysis of clients’ business plans.
- Knowledge of provincial, federal and municipal economic development programs, resources and private sector networks to assist local business in accessing resources.
- Strong client and customer service orientation with a clear focus on delivering value to clients.
- Experience in the various stages of the development of employment lands/business parks starting from feasibility studies, planning and servicing requirements through to land sales.
- Proficient in assisting companies through the development process as a result of relocation or expansion.
- An understanding of rural workforce challenges is considered an asset.
This position requires good judgement, political acumen and the ability to proactively anticipate and resolve issues. The potential opportunities to grow as a professional, to add to the capacity of our organization and to do important work are considerable.
If this position appeals to you please visit the County web site at https://www.haldimandcounty.ca/careers/ to obtain and review further information including a detailed job description relating to this unique and exciting employment opportunity.