Your business expertise and collaboration skills are in demand for this challenging role with the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade. As a valued member of the team, you will use your knowledge and strategic assessment skills to provide business development and consulting services to facilitate economic renewal and development in Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
With a focus on businesses in manufacturing and information technology, your role will include:
- Helping firms overcome barriers to growth by reviewing business development strategies and providing advice, resources and information
- Collaborating with clients to develop plans to increase competitiveness, expand into new markets, and attract and retain investments
- Liaising with economic development stakeholders and multi-jurisdictional partners to improve the business environment
- Providing local intelligence on business and economic issues
- Providing input and advice to communities related to local business concerns and issues.
How do I qualify?
- You must have a Class G driver’s licence or equivalent, as recognized by the Province of Ontario, to travel on a regular basis to locations not serviced by public transit
- You have knowledge of economic development, trade, investment and marketing theories and business management operations to perform strategic analysis of clients’ business plans
- You have knowledge of provincial, federal and municipal economic development programs, resources and private sector networks to assist clients in accessing resources
- You have knowledge of commercial intelligence gathering and business and economic analysis techniques to support program- and policy-related decisions
Research and Analytical Skills:
- You have analytical, research and evaluative skills to analyze, and provide advice on, clients’ business objectives and requirements
- You can analyze strategic business proposals against a variety of macro- and local-level business and economic considerations
- You can gather and assess information from a variety of sources and analyze data to identify potential business opportunities and issues
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- You have oral communication skills to represent the Ministry at events and deliver seminars
- You have written communication skills to prepare detailed analysis of business profiles, briefing notes, presentations and publications
- You have interpersonal and negotiation skills to facilitate partnerships and persuade stakeholders to invest in Ontario
- You are proficient in using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, Internet, spreadsheet, presentation and word-processing software to conduct research and prepare reports
OPS commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Salary Range: $1,496.81 – $1,910.51 Per Week
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), 659 Exeter Rd, London, West Region
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 182623, by Monday, June 20, 2022. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.