Reporting to the Clerk, the Rural Economic Development Officer is responsible for planning and facilitating community and economic development initiatives. This role identifies and promotes opportunities for relevant programming, community activities/projects, business development, and tourism. Collaborating with local organizations, businesses and individuals, the incumbent works at both a strategic and hands-on level to ensure optimal economic development within the Township.
The scope of work may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Identify growth opportunities within the Township that will stimulate private sector investment and service expansion.
- Act as a first point of contact for Township businesses and organizations when they request economic development support or information.
- Work directly with local businesses to facilitate access to municipal processes and referrals to other economic development support agencies.
- Liaise with local community organizations including but not limited to the Economic Development Cooperative and the Chamber of Commerce.
- Work with government partners at the provincial, federal and municipal levels to identify and track programs and services that will assist rural businesses.
- Liaise between potential investors, business and property owners and the Building and Planning department and provide input into Building and Planning processes that relate to economic development activities.
- Prepare economic impact reports for each new capital investment in the region.
- Research and actively seek out funding and grant opportunities that will support and promote community development and improvement programs.
- Attend all Council, internal committee, and external partner meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The deadline for submission is Monday, October 5th, 2020.
For the full job description, please visit www.northkawartha.ca
While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for interview.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, we appreciate Applicants making this request in advance so we can support your needs).