MDB Insight has built a reputation as Canada’s premiere economic development, workforce development, and market research consulting firm. Founded in 2007, we specialize in providing innovative and actionable economic development strategies, strategic plans, investment attraction and marketing solutions, and best-in-class market research that create real-world impact for our clients. We have worked extensively with communities across Canada since our earliest days as a firm.
Our mission is to help people and places thrive in the 21st century economy. Join our team and be committed to improving the world around us, one community at a time! For full details about MDB Insight visit our website at www.mdbinsight.com.
Research Analysts contribute thoughtful data and analysis that grounds our project work in evidence and insight. Those who excel are creative and passionate about the ability for communities to control their own destiny. They also have a talent for analytical thinking, asking good questions, summarizing themes from extensive community engagement, and translating thoughts into concise and clear writing. They demonstrate good time management, an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and are self-starters who take initiative.
Research Analysts have a defined pathway to move from entry to advanced performance and opportunity, commensurate with increasing remuneration. Each level of advancement requires an increased expectation related to performance, communication, leadership, and project-related skills. At the senior level, an advanced level of analysis, critical thinking, and research that leads to comprehensive identification of themes, priorities, and actions that are grounded in evidence and clearly communicated is required.
Professionally, your understanding of private, public, and voluntary sectors and functions will develop on an ongoing basis, supporting progressive levels of responsibility and opportunity within our firm.
Essential duties and responsibilities of a Research Analyst include:
- Gathering and manipulating data from multiple sources using MS Excel, and relevant platforms such as SPSS or other statistical software packages.
- Supporting a wide range of community engagement methodologies including engaging with business and community leaders through telephone interviewing, structuring effective surveys/questionnaires, participating in workshops and small group discussions, and operating online/remote engagement platforms.
- Conducting primary research in a wide range of fields related to economic development workforce development and other market research related projects to ultimately produce findings that add value to the project.
- Generating report content including background research narrative and statistical discussions.
- Reading publications and staying current on economic development related issues to aid in research.
- Contributing to proposal development, including conducting required research.
- Demonstrating proficiently use MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
As the ideal candidate, you have a combination of the following:
- 1-3 years work experience with a demonstrated record of achievement and impact; experience in a municipality/government/consulting setting is an asset.
- Knowledge of available data sources (Stats Canada, Canadian Business Counts, LMI, etc.
- Familiarity with online/remote community engagement platforms such as Adobe Connect, Bang the Table, etc. and comfort with participating in one-on-one engagement and in-person group discussions.
- Knowledge and/or experience in graphic design applications is an asset.
- An undergraduate degree in a related area.
Remuneration will be determined based on skills, knowledge and experience. Employees are eligibile to participate in the corporate benefits program after a six-month review and eligibility to participate in professional development and profit-sharing programs is offered after 12 months.
The application deadline for this position: September 25, 2019 at 5 p.m. ET.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a detailed résumé and cover letter outlining their interest in the position to: Ms. Chandra Halko, Office Manager, MDB Insight Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org.