An exciting opportunity exists for an innovative, visionary, self-starter possessing a strong business and financial acumen combined with proven strategic leadership ability to join a new division called Invest Medicine Hat (IMH) team as the Managing Director. Reporting directly to the CAO and maintaining a high profile in the business community, you will engage and lead a team of professionals to build and execute business plans aligned with Council priorities, Senior Administration direction and aimed at achieving medium and long term performance in economic development, real estate and marketing strategic results.
The Managing Director – IMH is a key strategic leader within the City, the local community and region. Working with the City’s Executive, the Advisory Group, the IMH Team and other key stakeholders, the Managing Director plans and executes strategy plus drives performance toward the City’s economic development objectives. IMH serves as a uniquely branded, a new key component of the City’s strategy to promote, enable and facilitate economic vitality and community vibrancy. Through a comprehensive and multi-faceted approach to land development & sales, economic development, and marketing & communications, IMH lives the values of a well-governed community of choice and opportunity, instilling confidence in residents, businesses and investors demonstrating a reputation of excellence By capitalizing on the City’s “open-for-business” reputation and leveraging considerable real estate holdings, IMH leads in the efforts toward achieving a healthy economic environment and facilitating conversion of opportunities generated into actual investment in the community. The Managing Director is responsible for achieving measurable results within the overall strategic direction and for leadership of the IMH team in ensuring IMH is poised to capitalize on strengths and opportunities within this region while continually striving to address weaknesses and threats to the City’s economic vitality.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s in marketing, commerce, economics, business, international relations or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Ten (10) years of success progressive experience in business, contract development, investment, financial strategies, real estate, market and sales or similar in which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated;
- Successful completion of a Master’s degree in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution would be considered an asset;
- Proven strategic approach and capability to systematically achieve objectives;
- Demonstrated business background where focus has been on performance relative to established metrics;
- Strong collaborator and consensus builder with excellent communication skills;
- Confident decision-maker with proven ability to work with various stakeholders to adapt approaches to fit unique circumstances;
- A management approved equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #19225A – medicinehat.ca/jobs. This posting will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.