Economic Development Greater Saint John is the regional economic development agency serving five municipalities of Grand Bay-Westfield, Rothesay, Quispamsis, St. Martins, and Saint John.
Our vision is for consistent, long-term economic growth for the Greater Saint John region. Building on our strengths, we must focus on workforce development, entrepreneur development, business investment and innovation, and marketing Greater Saint John to grow the economy.
The Manager, Marketing & Communications at Economic Development Greater Saint John reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for developing and delivering the short and long term goals for Marketing and Communications. In addition, the position supports the achievement of strategic goals and targets set out in the Economic Development plans for 2019-2021 using short and longer terms marketing and communications strategies.
To be successful in this position, you have a passion for marketing, great interest in economic development and you are excited about growing the economy of Greater Saint John. You can easily demonstrate from previous experience, your ability to lead marketing and communications from a strategic perspective. You are a known collaborator that will seek out and work with individuals inside and outside of the organization to achieve success. You are articulate and a story-teller that can easily deliver clear and concise messages either personally, for a member of the Economic Development Greater Saint John team or on behalf of the organization. You are a natural leader that works easily and thoughtfully with colleagues and hold their best interests as well as that of the organization at heart.
More than at any point in our history, the success of the Greater Saint John economy is tied to global supply chains, investment flow and people migration. It is imperative that Greater Saint John is known both internally and externally as an excellent place to live, work, start a business, invest, attend school, and visit. The Manager, Marketing & Communications plays a critical role in achieving this.
Key Responsibilities of the Position
- Develop and deliver a strategic plan for marketing Greater Saint John to both internal and external audiences. This will include a plan to foster and grow a positive image of Greater Saint John
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners and municipalities
- Support the development of a shared marketing tool kit for local organizations and municipalities
- Manage the overall brand and visual identity of Economic Development Greater Saint John
- Where appropriate, act as the spokesperson for Economic Development Greater Saint John
- Provide a strategic approach to digital and non-digital marketing and communications for social media, marketing materials, talking points for those representing EDGSJ, presentations, etc.
- Managing relationships with Marketing, Public Relations and other such agencies
- Take the lead in crisis communications and issues management, particularly with key stakeholders
- Monitoring and measuring the success of the action plan for marketing and communications against the goals set out by the Economic Development plan
What You Bring to the Position
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing on a strategic marketing and communications plans
- Proven leadership in managing relationships at the highest levels in municipal & provincial governments as well as key partners and clients
- You get connected in your community, you know “what’s happening” and you know how to connect the dots to the work of Economic Development Greater Saint John
- Proven experience in using both digital/social media and non-digital/social media strategies to achieve goals
- Proven track record in establishing, measuring and achieving goals
- Words that describe you: beyond organized, collaborative, creative thinker, strategic thinker, “get it done” attitude, excellent communicator, ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excited about all that Greater Saint John has to offer
- Passion for growing the economy of Greater Saint John
- Collaborative, work with high integrity and value a team based approach to work
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications or a related field
- 5+ years in a senior marketing/Communications position
- Ability to gather pertinent information both internally and externally and communicate it effectively to the appropriate audience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential to building effective relationships with staff, elected officials, members of the public, government, organizations, community groups and media
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to develop and deliver audio/visual presentations to both small and large audiences
- Bilingualism not required but would be a definite asset
In addition to their resume, qualified candidates are asked to include a cover letter that shows how they have demonstrated the above competencies in either current or past roles.
Submissions must be received by end of day on Friday March 29/19 and should be emailed to Human Resources – Economic Development GSJ – firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.