The City of St. Albert, home to more than 66,000 residents, is a beautiful growing community adjacent to northwest Edmonton. Known as the Botanical Arts City, St. Albert offers numerous trails, hectares of green space, state of the art recreation facilities and theatre, and hosts numerous special events and festivals. In recent years, St. Albert has ranked at the top of several national surveys recognizing us as a great place to raise a family, with an excellent quality of life and a strong sense of community. Our employees are passionate about delivering high-quality programs and services to our residents and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
It is an exciting time for Economic Development in St. Albert as one of the City’s priorities is to work towards an innovative, investment-positive environment that will support and encourage the development of new, existing, and emerging sectors.
Our Economic Development department is recruiting a key member of the management team to develop a strategic investment attraction strategy and then implement the strategies to generate and attract business investment to the City of St. Albert.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- investment attraction
- site selection and brokerage relationships
- sector development
- collaboration with stakeholders, and
- managing a branch and ensuring resources are deployed to achieve program goals.
The investment attraction and growth team, which includes an Economic Development Officer and a Marketing Specialist, have undertaken many initiatives to attract investment and diversify the business and employment landscape in St. Albert. As the Manager you will lead this team toward the goal of helping companies understand the business and investment opportunities available in St. Albert and matching their needs with our opportunities.
The person we seek understands all aspects of business development from financing, land economics, marketing research, to real estate and building requirements. To be successful, you must be excellent at relationship building and building a large and diverse network. Someone with strong sales skills and who is adept at presentations will do well in this role.
- An undergraduate degree in a discipline related to economic development, investment attraction, business, marketing, business administration, commercial/industrial real estate, community economic development or land planning.
- 5 years of business development experience in private or public sector.
- A Certificate in Economic Development is an asset.
- Experience developing actionable business growth strategies with proven results.
- Proven ability to retain and grow business and/or investment dollars.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to make sound decisions and solve problems.
- Professional sales skills including direct client development, product pitches and presentations.
- Leadership training or courses in Municipal Government would be an asset.
- A valid Class 5 Drivers License and a personal vehicle for work use is required.
HOURS OF WORK
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off [RDO] every two weeks). This position may be required to work occasionally in the evening or weekends to meet urgent requirements.
$102,486 – $123,586 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive benefit package including a defined benefit pension plan.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume along with a cover letter explaining how your background and accomplishments will meet the needs of the City of St. Albert via our employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
February 13, 2020
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.