The Investment Manager – Health Innovation will play a key role in collaboration with existing industry economic development, academic, and health care partners in the retention, expansion, attraction, development, and commercialization of innovative health businesses.
Kingston Economic Development Corporation facilitates economic growth through community wide collaboration by working in partnership with municipal departments, post-secondary institutions, provincial agencies, and business leaders.
- Lead the identification of potential businesses of interest, high quality attraction opportunities, and manage the development of lead opportunities in the health innovation sector.
- Meet with Kingston’s health sector businesses to identify areas for growth, challenges to retention, opportunities for investment, synergies between strategic partners and business to business leads, both internally and externally.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Innovative, collaborative, and client-focused business development professional experienced at relationship building, sales, research, financial and project management in the health care field
- 10+ years experience in a Senior Business Development or Economic Development role.
- Experience providing strategic direction, attraction, aftercare, and support to facilitate local business growth.
- Extensive knowledge of health care sector and industry contacts, with a current knowledge of regional industries and sectors, including current research.
- Ability to manage sector specific projects and funding programs.
- Experience creating targeted plans and tactics to proactively generate leads and complete work required to convert business leads to investments through the full sales cycle.
- Experience in developing strategies and programs to support existing health innovation businesses to facilitate business retention and expansion.
- Knowledgeable about the economy in Ontario and the City of Kingston with advanced understanding of the high potential growth sub sectors.
- Post Secondary Education in Business, Economics, or a related field and/or related experience.
- Proficient in a second language (French preferred) considered an asset
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to Allen Prowse at:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview shall be contacted.
PALMER & ASSOCIATES
Venture Business Centre
556 O’Connor Dr. Kingston, ON K7P 1N3