This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
General Manager/Chief Operating Officer
5Z3 Senior Officer 3
Department of Agriculture
Manitoba Food Development Centre
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 33939
Salary(s): 5Z3 $94,225.00 – $112,665.00 per year
Closing Date: May 11, 2018
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
The Food Development Centre (FDC) is a non-profit, fee-for-service special operating agency under the authority of Manitoba Agriculture. Over the years, we have grown into an internationally recognized centre of excellence with a 57,450 square foot facility. Our mandate is to assist Manitoba’s agrifood industry in the development and commercialization of food products. Our mission is to increase the use of Manitoba ingredients for food and create a positive economic impact for producers and Manitoba communities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba class 5 driver’s licence
- Must be able to travel throughout the province of Manitoba, nationally and internationally
- Master of Business Administration, Food Science or other related post-graduate degree or professional designation, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Strong understanding of, or experience in, the food processing industry, including retail and food service segments and product development and commercialization
- Management experience at the senior management level including managing fiscal, human and program resources in a team environment
- Leadership and innovation related to food processing, economic development, manufacturing or agriculture
- Strong strategic planning and change management experience
- Experience establishing networks with the food industry, government or economic development organizations
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong political acumen
- Experience negotiating with or influencing internal and external clients and organizations to meet organizational goals
- Experience in continuous improvement/lean manufacturing techniques
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister for Policy and Transformation, the General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, (GM/COO) provides leadership to all aspects of the Centre’s food commercialization program. The GM/COO is accountable for the efficient and effective utilization of fiscal, physical and human resources to accelerate food commercialization in Manitoba. The GM/COO works closely with FDC’s strategic partner, Manitoba Agriculture and other national and provincial stakeholders to develop and implement a progressive business model, including strategic initiatives, policies and client-centred programs and services that advance FDC’s goals and Manitoba Agriculture’s objective to create an environment that accelerates growth in the agriculture and agri-processing sector.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 33939
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 0C4
Please note this is not a civil service position.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.