Senior Management Position
(75,000 to 90,000 based on qualifications and experience)
Along with an attractive benefits pkg.
STARTING DATE: July 2020
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
(evening meetings as required, additional hours may be required from time to time)
Under the general direction of the CAO/Clerk/Director of Economic Development, the Economic Development Officer will be responsible for assisting key personnel in the coordination of delivery and oversight of economic development activities with the intent of making Red Rock investment ready, updating municipal plans, attracting new business, encouraging investment opportunities and identifying opportunities for sustainable growth and development by promoting and marketing Red Rock as a great place to live, visit and do business. This inspirational leadership position shall give consideration to the Strategic direction and development of the Municipality and will actively lead and support business retention and expansion activities that will increase local employment in the community and region along with growth and prosperity.
QUALIFICATIONS: The preferred candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in Commerce, Economics, Planning, Community Economic Development or Marketing (equivalent combination of education and work experience in the field will be considered);
- Certificate in Economic Development designation (or be working towards);
- Demonstrated communication skills, proficient in both oral and written English;
- Proficiency in Windows and all aspects of Microsoft Office including word-processing, spreadsheets, presentations as well as the Internet and email with knowledge in database software related GIS and mapping applications;
- Exemplary presentation and analytical skills;
- Proven experience in promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality;
- Project management skills would be an asset;
- Previous experience in a municipal government environment would be an asset
- Strong personal initiative;
- Effective negotiation and facilitation skills;
- In depth knowledge of Economic Development practices, and 3P partnerships.
- Ability to multi-task, work both independently and as a team and to meet deadlines;
- Exceptional organizational, communication, customer service and time management skills;
- Exceptional report writing skills;
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license in good standing;
- Availability to travel and to attend evening and/or weekend meetings as required;
- Must be bondable and proven track record of successful results on previous community/regional initiatives.
- Will be required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement;
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume outlining your ability and track record in this field by Friday June 5, 2020 to email@example.com (Personal & Confidential) A criminal clear record check would be required prior to the employment offer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.