CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Temporary Non-Unionized opportunity in the
Economic & Cultural Development Department for an experienced and motivated individual
(JOB # J0718-0354)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Reporting to the Manager of Small Business and Entrepreneurship in the Economic and Cultural Development Department, responsible for the coordination, implementation, and delivery of Vaughan Business Enterprise Centre (VBEC) entrepreneurship programs, including those supported by the Province of Ontario/Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs. The Coordinator attracts participants and delivers programming by working with stakeholders, internal departments, program speakers, mentors, trainers, and program participants. The successful candidate will assist entrepreneurs with program applications through business consulting, including business planning, responding to business inquiries, providing advise on business structure, and various resources available to entrepreneurs, and assists with business registrations. They administer, organize and provide training and mentorship including, but not limited to, organizing seminars and events, delivering training, publicizing program schedules, booking resources as required, maintaining appropriate data and contact information for each participant, and the preparation of program related reports, briefing notes, and memos.
Qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economic Development or suitable equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience. Experience with program or event implementation is an asset.
- Knowledge and/or experience in governmental organizations.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem solving and written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to deal knowledgeably and courteously with the general public and staff.
- Experience with proposal development and implementation.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of, or demonstrated ability in, the City’s core competencies and relevant functional competencies
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license, in good standing, with access to a reliable vehicle for corporate use.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Thursday, August 2, 2018.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 (S.O. 2001,c.25) and will be used to determine qualifications for employment with The Corporation of the City of Vaughan. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer, 2141 Major Mackenzie Drive, Vaughan, ON, L6A 1T1, (905) 832-8585.