About the role…
Working under the Director of Business Development, Tourism and Infrastructure, the Economic Development Officer supports the implementation of the Economic & Business Development plan, managing key economic development initiatives, and assist with land sales and acquisition.
Is this you?
As the ideal candidate you have:
- A university degree in Commerce or Business Administration; and
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related field preferred;
- Economic Development experience in the public sector would be considered an asset;
- Experience in marketing, sales and account management in the private sector would be an asset;
- Program delivery and project management experience would be an asset;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment;
- Strong project management skills and negotiation skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Basic understanding of mapping and GIS systems would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience using digital communication tools would be an asset.
Salary: Officer $61,667 – 77,084. MODL offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Ashley Chase, Human Resources Officer
Deadline to apply: February 10, 2020
The Municipality of the District of Lunenburg is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
210 Aberdeen Road
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
Canada, B4V 4G8
Web Site: www.modl.ca