The Town of Marathon is located on the beautiful north shore of Lake Superior, on the eastern edge of the District of Thunder Bay. With a population of approximately 3,500, Marathon acts as a regional hub offering full service benefits in a friendly, outgoing and safe small town setting. Come experience the comfort and affordability of our friendly spirited community.
The Town of Marathon is committed to providing a positive and progressive workplace that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Economic Development Officer is responsible for the development and administration of an Economic Development Strategy, including marketing of industrial and commercial development and coordination of activities relative to local area economy, and acts as a policy advisor on economic development issues.
- Degree/Diploma in economics, commerce, business administration or public administration, with at least three years’ experience in a related field
- Must have knowledge of Municipal affairs
- Excellent knowledge of community based economic development
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent research skills and knowledge of political process
- Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Must be willing to attend evening and weekend meetings
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Salary: will be commensurate with experience
Please submit applications by Friday, January 25, 2019 @ 4:30 pm to:
Andrea Gauthier, Corporate Services Manager
4 Hemlo Dr. PO Bag “TM”
Phone: (807) 229-1340 x2234
Fax: (807) 229-1999