Economic Development Officer, Cochrane Ontario
The Town of Cochrane
Cochrane is quickly growing to be an attractive prospective home for incoming residents, and one of the most vibrant municipalities in Northern Ontario. Aside from its special Northern charm, Cochrane offers a diverse culture rooted in history, a progressive oriented society, along with a vibrant growing economy. The community’s enchanting character and pride is a model of Northern Ontario living.
Working under the leadership of the CAO/DEc.Dev, the EDO with be responsible for the coordination in the Town’s delivery and oversight of the economic development activities with the intent of attracting new businesses, encouraging investment opportunities, increasing job opportunities and identifying opportunities for sustainable growth and development by promoting and marketing the Town as a great place to live, work, visit and conduct business.
In Cochrane, we are proud to be Northerners. Whether in winter or summer there is something for you in Cochrane. Explore hundreds of kilometres of snowmobile trails, lakes and rugged wilderness.
All this and more will sure make your experience wonderfully unexpected! Ready to join our team?
- Post – secondary education or university degree in Commerce, Economics, or Community Economic Development.
- Previous experience in municipal government or public sector environment
- Holds or working towards a Certificate in Economic Development and/or Economic Development (Ec.D) designation
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office software, GIS and Internet searching tool
- Valid class” G” license in good standing
- Availability to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and other special events as required
So, your job, if you are smart enough to recognize an opportunity and you are lucky enough to get it, will be to help the Chief Administrative Officer put Cochrane on the map. Their vision is to make it a destination for businesses, tourists and you name it, be a part of making a difference. Its an adventure, not a job.
Please reply with a compelling cover letter; Comprehensive resume; Salary history; and three (3) professional references. Confidential inquires to Mr. Glen Smith email@example.com.
Toll free 1-888-447-5910 ext. 705