Economic Development Officer (EDO) is required for a leadership role in
marketing the community, a premier four season destination, and for creating
strategies and programs to enhance the business environment. The EDO will
provide guidance and direction to the Blind River Development Corporation Board
of Directors and work closely with representatives in the local and external
business community, government staff, local municipality and industry.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline (Planning, Business, Marketing, Tourism, Economics, Community Development and/or Economic Development), or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working directly in a public or private sector environment in one of the areas mentioned above (typically an economic development office/agency).
- Proven ability with collection and analysis of economic and other data to support informed decisions on business development issues, and to ensure a clear understanding of the local economic landscape.
- Demonstrate understanding of municipal government affairs, business support and funding programs.
- Knowledge of French and English, both speaking and reading/writing would be an asset.
- Use of personal vehicle and willingness to travel when required.
- A detailed job description is available upon request.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a covering letter and a resume by 4:30 p.m. on November 13, 2019, via e-mail to:
Corporation of the Town of Blind River
11 Hudson Street
Blind River ON P0R 1B0
We thank all applicants, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56. The Corporation of the Town of Blind River is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process.