Lac La Biche County is an organization driven by principles surrounding Excellence, Communication, Safety and Wellness, Collaboration, and Environmental Sustainability. Our employees enjoy the charm of working in the Lakeland Region, away from the hustle and bustle of the big city while still being able to enjoy a diverse, fast paced and fulfilling work environment. Our community is known to be one of the most diverse and unique communities in Alberta. Not only is it rich in history and culture, but it is also surrounded by forests, parks, lakes, and golden sand beaches!
We continuously strive to remain an employer of choice by offering a strong health and safety program, competitive pay, amazing benefits, opportunities for professional development, as well as many wellness initiatives that support a work/life balance. We also take pride in maintaining high standards surrounding equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace.
Purpose of the position
The position will:
- Manage projects related to Economic Development.
- Develop and implement a Business Retention, Expansion and Attraction program.
- Develop and implement programs and activities from the Tourism Strategy and Visitor Friendly Study.
- Develop and implement programs to support business retention and expansion in collaboration with businesses and business support organizations.
- Work closely with industry support organizations.
Want to be a part of our County team?
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Come to us with related education and experience with demonstrated passion to continue to develop in your field.
- Have proficient knowledge of economic development theories and practices.
- Bring excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be proficient in working with computer programs.
If this sounds like you, please proceed with your application!
For more information regarding specific position responsibilities and required abilities/ qualifications, please refer to the attached job description (if applying outside of our Lac La Biche County website, the full Job Description will be available once you start your application process)
- Salary range is: $72,490.60 to $93,821.00 annually
- Full-time Permanent position
- Hours: 35 hr/wk. May have to work some evenings or weekends as needed
- Comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Extended Health and Dental, disability, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, of which the County pays 100% of the premiums.
- Participation in our Local Authorities Pension Plan
Competition Number: 48-EDO-21
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate is found.
If applying outside of our Lac La Biche County website, interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by clicking on the following link: https://llbc.startdate.ca/
Candidates from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same classification level within the next 6 months.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.