Kneehill County is looking for an individual with great skills and knowledge to add to our fantastic team. This individual will bring their creative critical thinking skills, enthusiasm for engaging and collaborating as well as their fun sense of humor and ability to develop a deeper sense of Community! Are you up to the challenge? Do you have what it takes to elevate Kneehill County to the next level?
Business Focus Statement:
Kneehill County’s Economic Development takes a strategic approach to attracting investment and supporting local businesses to foster a sustainable economy within our region.
The EDO reports to the Director of Community Services and is responsible for facilitating, promoting, and ensuring community and economic development in order to enhance the growth and sustainability within our community. The EDO is also responsible for facilitating economic development in regard to commercial business planning and initiatives, as well as assist local organizations, businesses, and individuals with establishing economic development plans and projects. The EDO is a strong collaborator and is open, flexible, and creative with ideas and solutions.
- Promoting the community in order to expand on economic development initiatives
- Identifying and fostering various economic development opportunities within our region
- Assist local organizations, businesses, and individuals with facilitating economic development plans and projects, including identifying and helping reduce barriers for business growth
- Securing funding support for the regional communities with Economic Development activities
- Develop, communicate, and administer business friendly policies and practices consistent with corporate strategies and initiatives
- Participating with Kneehill Regional Partnership with collaboration projects and initiatives
- Consult with a variety of partners, federal and provincial. Disseminate information and share with the public
- Social Media and website updating tourism and business content
- Consult with internal department and stakeholders regarding external business relationships
- Develop and implement marketing materials to promote business growth and investment
- Assist local businesses with business support and development, help generate solutions
- Ensure compliance with the Municipal Government Act, Council policies and desired direction and the Corporate Strategic Plan, as well as any legislative requirements
- Related technical diploma or degree
- 5 years’ experience in an Economic Development role
- 2 years Municipal experience desired
- Must have solid demonstrated skills in math, reading and critical thinking
- Recommended formal training through Economic Developers of Alberta or (similar)
- Planning background would be an asset
- Strong networking skills
- Communications, public relations, or tourism education would be an asset
- Above average analytical, problem solving, planning and organizational skills
- Strong cognitive ability to balance the big picture while focusing on the details of process and systems.
- Long range planning experience
- Graphic design would be an asset
- Above average computers skills with Microsoft suite, desk top publishing, website design and maintenance.
- Social media skills including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google business are an asset.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task successfully
- Political Knowledge
- Research and Analytical Skills
- Some physical labor required
- Computer Knowledge
- Multi-tasking ability
What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Group Health Benefits
- Local Authority Pension Plan
- Engaging and empowering work environment
- Strong policies and supportive atmosphere
- Fun and friendly co-workers
- Training Opportunities
If you know you have the skill set to match our needs, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Jessie Kasha – HR Coordinator
RE: Economic Development Officer
Kneehill County 1600 2nd Ave Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0
Closing Date: July 15, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.