Iskatewizaagegan No. 39 Independent First Nation (IIFN No. 39), a rapidly growing Anishinaabe community located on the shores of Shoal Lake, Ontario, is seeking a highly motivated individual to fulfill the responsibilities of Economic Development Officer (EDO).
IIFN No. 39 is in growth and build mode, and is seeking a focused individual who will promote the economic well being of the community while identifying and developing future business plans, partnerships, and opportunities.
In collaboration with the Chief and Council, the EDO is a true “people person” who will be responsible for establishing and overseeing all economic development for IIFN No. 39. The EDO will also be responsible for facilitating community and economic development programs, researching funding opportunities, and maintaining a strong administrative and organizational structure.
IIFN No. 39, also known as Shoal Lake No. 39, is located 16 kilometres south of Ontario Highway 673. This Independent First Nation is a very tight knit and welcoming population that is proud to hold many community-wide events.
In addition, IIFN No. 39 is growing rapidly, with 3 new businesses formed in the last 3 years that include a new Tourism Centre (2019), a new fishing lodge (2020), and a new food truck that showcases Shoal Lake’s delicious food. Your genuine appreciation for experiencing traditional and local recipes and celebrations will be an added bonus in this role.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, business administration, commerce, or public administration, or an acceptable combination of post-secondary education and experience
- Knowledge of First Nation governance
- Knowledge of First Nation funding programs and financial assistance initiatives
- Ability to form appropriate partnerships and seek venture capital and cooperative investments
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders, business owners, executives, and elected officials
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills demonstrated through the ability to facilitate, network lead, research, negotiate, analyze, and resolve issues
- Possess a strong sense of personal integrity and uphold ethical practice
- Knowledge of First Nation culture and of Ojibway language would be an asset
- Driver’s license and vehicle and ability to travel
If you would like more information about this position or Iskatewizaagegan Independent First Nation No. 39, please visit https://bit.ly/IIFN-EDO or contact Lisa Cefali – Partner, Executive Search & Strategic Development at (204) 934 8833.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to IIFN No. 39 as the Economic Development Officer, please submit your resume in confidence to Lisa.Cefali@legacybowes.com quoting position #213180.
101 – 1075 Portage Ave ● Winnipeg, MB R3G 0R8 ● 204.947.5525 ● www.legacybowes.com