Job Title: Economic Development Officer
Employment Status: Permanent Full-Time
Reference Code: 18-EXT-03-317
Closing Date: April 24, 2018
Location: Midhurst, Ontario
Under the direction of the Manager of Economic Development, this position is responsible for facilitating, promoting and ensuring community and economic development in order to secure opportunities and facilitate processes for economic and business development and sustainability, and to increase business growth.
- Requires a university degree in Planning, Business Administration, Urban Development, Political Science, Economics, or a related discipline.
- An Economic Development certification through a 2 year post graduate course and attainment of Economic Development designation is an asset.
- Requires at least three (3) years’ experience in a related environment. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in the Manufacturing sector.
- Previous experience in a municipal environment will be considered an asset
- Proven ability to foster a cooperative work environment with multiple, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, presentation, multi-tasking, and communications skills (both written and oral).
- Computer proficiency in MS Office software applications.
- Class G Driver’s License in good standing and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
- Graphic design, Word processing, spreadsheet and database computer skills required as well as map reading software is an asset.
- Requires knowledge of community economic development theories and practices as well as knowledge of local and regional economic development potential and opportunities.
- Requires an understanding of municipal planning processes, working knowledge of the Ontario Municipal Act, Planning Act and Regulations.
- Requires an understanding of municipal affairs, business principles and market analysis and a good knowledge of marketing and business promotion. Knowledge of real estate as well as geographic and socio-economic characteristics of Simcoe County is a benefit.
- Must have an excellent understanding of municipal government process as well as the ability to interpret policies, regulations and legislation.
- Demonstrated “Customer First” service treatment of customers, partners and colleagues.
- Demonstrated flexible and positive approach and initiative in completing assignments.
$69,751 – $83,698 per annum
View the job description and submit your application online at www.simcoe.ca/jobs
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. The Corporation of the County of Simcoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will provide employment accommodation upon request.