Under the general direction of the Director, Economic Development, this role is responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on strategic economic initiatives that are aligned with long-range economic development plans for a sector(s) economic development Business Development and Expedited Services, Trade and Investment, Strategic Economic Initiatives and/or Strategic Marketing.
Undertakes activities and fosters partnerships that support the development of Niagara as location of choice for investment/trade, enterprise and growth.
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Economic Development, Marketing, Public Administration, Public Relations or equivalent related field of study. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Master’s degree level in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Economic Development, Marketing, Public Administration or equivalent related field of study is preferred.
Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in the following areas
- Coordination and implementation of long range economic/business development activities.
- Branding, marketing and sales.
- Facilitating partnerships among business, academic and government/agency stakeholders that develop and support innovation networks and hubs.
- Principles and practices of community planning, land use/growth management concepts, infrastructure improvement planning and capital facilities budgeting.
- Federal/Provincial legislation, policy and programs related to business development, investment/trade, enterprise, innovation and growth.
- Municipal government organizations and functions.
Oversees business planning, strategic planning, research initiatives and performance management for specific sector(s) of economic development and sustainability.
- Leads a range of programs, services, initiatives and activities including (but not limited to) business outreach, local economic development, business improvement area (BIA) management, project facilitation, community economic development social enterprise development, workforce development and special projects,
- Participates in the development and implementation of region-wide-strategies, structures, systems and policies as a member of the Economic Development Team(s) Region, Local Area Municipalities, Provincial and Federal Ministries.
- Initiates and champions special projects for sector specific development, based on current environment, often in partnership with external organizations. Manages all aspects of the development and implementation of economic and business development initiatives, managing project life cycle activities.
- Develops, manages and administers annual and multi-year Capital and Operating budgets for the operating unit ensuring support of Council’s objectives, financial transparency and accountability, monitoring budget adherence, identifying and explaining variances and financial reporting is effectively managed in compliance with corporate financial policies.
To view the full job description and requirements, visit our Careers page. Job Opening# 18853
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges…..today!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than August 18, 2017 before midnight by visiting our ‘Careers’ page at www.niagararegion.ca We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.