Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Economic Development Officer, the Economic Development Coordinator will assist with the implementation of our “Strategic Pathways Plan” which focuses on youth development, supporting businesses, investment attraction, and marketing and branding within the Flagstaff Region.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about community involvement and collaborating with regional businesses and residents. They will be eager to help local businesses thrive and have a strong business foundation to draw upon. Additionally, they will be energetic and enjoy planning, promoting, and executing department events within the Flagstaff Region.
Work with local businesses, industries, and residents to determine opportunities, needs, and challenges within the Flagstaff Region.
- Work collaboratively with regional economic development and tourism organizations, and all communities within the Flagstaff Region.
- Assist with the attraction and facilitation of new industries, business, and services.
- Assist with the research and administration of grant applications for economic, business, and community development.
- Maintain an active social media platform (i.e.: Website, Facebook and Twitter).
- Assist with the development of marketing campaigns and promotional strategies.
- Prepare correspondence, documents, newsletters and reports as requested.
- Receive and respond to public inquiries in a professional manner and provide assistance where necessary.
- One (1) or two (2) years post-secondary education in a related field such as Business Ad-ministration, Marketing, Commerce, Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Certified Economic Developer (Ec.D.) designation is desirable.
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic, and goal-oriented with superior interpersonal and public engagement skills.
- Social media skills and website maintenance experience are desirable.
- Skilled in planning, organizing, and prioritizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop clear and concise reports, correspondence, and other written materials, with excellent communication, organization, and accuracy skills.
- Experience in a Municipal environment is considered an asset.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a criminal records check and driving record. For the full job description, please visit our website at www.flagstaff.ab.ca
Position Type: Permanent full-time
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 7 hours/day (Some overtime may be required) Salary: $58,631—$72,108
Closing Date: Will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Flagstaff County is a prominent Agricultural producing region located in east central Alberta. Our rural “Community of communities” has a population of 8,361 which is inclusive of the eight towns and villages within the region. Our peaceful, enjoyable, family oriented municipality is located approximately 150 km southeast of Edmonton with our office located near Sedgewick.
If you are interested in being a part of our wonderful rural community, please submit your resume along with a cover letter by mail or email to:
12435 Township Road 442,
PO Box 358
Sedgewick, AB T0B 4C0
Economic Development Officer
Direct: (780) 384-4121
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in Flagstaff County; however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.