The City of Whitehorse has an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Full Time Economic Development Coordinator.
Economic Development Coordinator
Status of Position: Permanent Full Time
Job posting closes: May 31, 2018 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this job posting – The duration of the eligibility list will be 6 months. Future vacancies will be filled by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires. The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
The incumbent researches, monitors data, analyzes information, prepares reports, and aligns the City’s economic goals, objectives and programs to the business community and general public.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, collaborate, research economic development programs, projects and opportunities with internal and external stakeholders.
- Compile data, conduct presentations, provide analysis and prepare reports, briefing notes, discussion papers on economic trends.
- Prepare procurement tools, prepare project budget, review proposals, make recommendations and ensure compliance with all contractual terms obligations.
- Develop, update and monitor the City’s economic development plan.
- Submit proposals for available funding programs, prepare status reports and ensure compliance with established terms.
- Provide direction and guidance to Planning and Sustainability Intern as required.
- Consult and provide support to internal departments to ensure the integration of economic development initiatives.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies to ensure the effective communication and implementation of economic development programs, initiatives and strategies.
- Act as Manager, Planning & Sustainability as required.
- Follow, so far is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Other related duties.
This position contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Majority of the work is performed under normal office conditions.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Degree in economic development business administration or related field.
- 3 years previous related experience.
- Knowledge of City social, economic, business and resource development issues.
- Knowledge of current trends and new developments and research in the field.
- Knowledge of Government legislation related to business and economic development.
- Proven skills relating to communications, presentations, liaising with stakeholders, marketing, strategic development planning, and problem solving.
- Proven organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
- Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships among peers and/or stakeholders.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
General office equipment with the ability to operate ERP software programs, spreadsheets, electronic mail, word processing, etc.
Range: $36.83 to $43.33 per hour
Guaranteed Minimum Hours: 35 hours per week
Additional Information: The City of Whitehorse will only accept job applications through their online e-recruitment system. Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through this system. Please visit www.whitehorse.ca/careers for more details and to set up an account.