Why Campbell River?
Voted one of the Best Cities to Work in BC by BC Business magazine in 2018, Campbell River offers a rare combination of a welcoming small town feel with large city amenities. From summer markets and street events to an active arts and culture community to year-round, world class recreational opportunities, the Campbell River lifestyle is unparalleled. We are 45 minutes from the top of Mt. Washington and just minutes from over 100 km of all level of mountain biking and hiking trails and are surrounded by ocean, rivers and lakes for sports fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding… and whale watching.
This growing community is served by a brand new hospital, ferry terminal to the Discovery Islands, Campbell River Airport (YBL) with daily flights to Vancouver in 35 minutes, municipal broadband infrastructure, a School District with innovative programs, and North Island College that boasts over 70 programs in seven areas of study.
As part of the award winning Economic Development team, you will be working in a creative, collaborative, fast-paced and customer service oriented environment. In this administrative role, you will have an opportunity to be a catalyst for change and contribute to building a healthy, economically viable, and sustainable community.
Reporting to the Economic Development Officer, you will be assisting with the development and implementation of programs and initiatives targeted at promoting ongoing economic development and encouraging investment in the community. You will also be:
- Using your organizational skills to manage the day to day administrative office tasks.
- Creating presentation and marketing materials.
- Marketing Campbell River as a great place to invest and live.
- Advocating for the local business community.
- Keeping up to date on latest trends. . . research, research, research.
- Assisting with analyzing economic trends.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Bachelors’ Degree or Diploma in Economic Development, Business Administration, Planning, Public Administration or Marketing;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in economic development or marketing; and in implementing marketing and promotional activities within the last 7 years;
- Experience in developing funding and partnership proposals;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Excellent people/public relations and communication skills.
In addition, you are social media savvy and proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Who you are!
- Highly organized and have excellent time management skills
- You believe that proper planning is the key to success
- Positive and optimistic
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Diplomatic; you treat everyone with respect and dignity
The rate of pay for this permanent, full-time, CUPE bargaining unit position is $29.89 per hour based on a 35-hour work week and includes a comprehensive benefits package. What else?
- No two days are the same.
- You get to spend time in the community connecting with people.
- You will be an advocate for businesses…helping entrepreneurs succeed.
- You will receive support for continuing professional development.
For more information on this exciting opportunity that lists all the necessary qualifications for this position, please visit www.campbellriver.ca/employment.
Please include verification of your education and certifications with your application.
This posting closes on Sunday, February 23, 2020.