Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable.
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Economic Business Analyst #20948
Corporate Services Department
Planning and Economic Development Branch
Location: Newmarket, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35; Scheduled Shifts: 0830 – 1630
Full-Time, Salary $39.22 – $42.63 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Investment and Marketing, is responsible for collecting, researching and analyzing economic, business, market and demographic data from a variety of sources to support Regional business retention, expansion and attraction activities; monitoring economic environment to identify and evaluate trends that may impact growth in the Region; analyzing and making recommendations on legislative interpretation and reviewing financial and statistical reports for relevant information to the Region.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Economics, Business Administration or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ demonstrated experience in market research, statistical data analysis and report writing.
- Demonstrated understanding of the economic development environment in the Greater Toronto Area and Ontario, as well as relevant business and economic issues and trends.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management, accountability, flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong analysis, research, report writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in establishing, maintaining and producing databases/spreadsheets, including current experience with database design, data analysis, report generation and modifications.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications with proficiency in word processing, presentation, and proficient in spreadsheet, access, and database software with ability to utilize specific applications (e.g. spreadsheet pivot tables and charting, access data entry interface design, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to interpret financial and statistical data, understand economic policy issues and comprehend legislative requirements.
- Ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Please apply on-line by clicking here by July 28, 2017, quoting competition #20948. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email or by telephone. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.