The Town of Tisdale is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic professional for the position of Director of Economic Development. The Director of Economic Development will be employed by the Town of Tisdale and will work under the leadership of the CAO. The Director of Economic Development will be responsible to facilitate specific projects under the direction of the Tisdale & District Development Board.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of principles, theories and practices of economic development.
- Knowledge of both business and public policy issues.
- Understanding of the land development and approval process.
- Strong oral, written and computer skills.
- Project management and coordination skills.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of representatives from the private and public sectors.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the Board.
- Interact with other economic development organizations in the region.
- Provide staff support to related sub-committees.
- Respond to inquiries from existing and prospective businesses about relocating or expanding into Tisdale and District.
- Conduct marketing, media and public information activities to promote a favorable image of Tisdale and District and to encourage business growth.
- Conduct and coordinate research and analysis of business and industry data.
- Prepare written reports and make presentations.
- Attract new business to the area, as well as retain existing business.
It is desirable to have at least direct experience in the field of economic development, but other relevant business or government experience may be substituted. Additional knowledge in the area of Agriculture and Agri-Value industries will be a definite benefit to this position. Attractive benefits and pension plan. Salary is negotiable based on skills and experience.
The competition for this position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Please send resume with a letter of interest to:
Brad Hvidston, CAO