Toronto Global is a not-for-profit investment attraction agency that supports the expansion of foreign-owned businesses to the Toronto Region. We represent the Cities of Toronto, Mississauga and Brampton, as well as the Regions of Durham, Halton and York, and work closely with the Government of Canada, the Province of Ontario, and our municipal partners to offer complimentary and customized services to growing international companies.
We assist companies by sharing market research and intelligence that supports their decision-making, and by facilitating local connections to assist with the establishment of operations in the region. Toronto Global actively promotes the competitive advantages of the Toronto Region as an ideal location for corporate expansion.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Investment Attraction, the Director, Investment Attraction, creates, implements and evolves market-focused strategies to attract new FDI to the Toronto Region. This includes proactively identifying specific market opportunities, generating quality leads and providing superior client services, primarily within the UK market, but other markets may also be focused on as directed by the EVP, Investment Attraction. The Director is responsible for building and nurturing positive and productive client relationships in order to maximize investment opportunities for international companies in the Toronto Region.
- Generate, implement and constantly evaluate strategies for designated markets to attract FDI into the Toronto Region;
- Develop targeted plans and tactics to proactively generate leads and accelerate the conversion of leads to investments;
- Build and sustain credible, long-term relationships with clients, industry associations, cluster and sector groups, public sector organizations, service providers and other stakeholders to enhance lead generation and client servicing;
- Ensure information regarding market strategies and planned missions are current and shared with the Director, Investment Attraction Unit;
- Manage client files and mission planning within the organization’s Client Relationships Management (CRM) system;
- Build positive and productive client relationships by providing consistent and superior client service;
- Mentor Senior Advisors and Advisors and assist them in building the capability to generate leads and investments;
- Follow Toronto Global’s mission planning guide in association with approved international business missions in market as assigned;
- Leverage research generated by the Research and Insights team to develop recommendations and value propositions for clients;
- Regularly review processes and approaches to improve lead generation and the client services experience; take responsibility for ensuring that improvements are actioned and increase the awareness of the Toronto Region’s value proposition with international business investors;
- Regularly participate in events and activities that will help raise the Toronto Region’s profile globally as a major centre of innovation and growth for international business investors;
- Contribute to a culture of teamwork, accountability, collaboration, regionalism and client-centricity;
- Constantly update own knowledge of the Toronto Region and continuously build understanding of regional value propositions for businesses looking to locate in the region.
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline required;
- Minimum 5 years’ previous progressive experience in a related industry and similar role is desired and, international experience, ideally within the United Kingdom, is preferred;
- Experience in government is a definite asset;
- Previous experience in economic development and investment attraction is required;
- Exceptional English verbal/written communication and presentation skills are required;
- Additional language proficiencies, ideally French, is a definite plus;
- Strong critical thinking skills are required;
- Above average proficiency in MS Office software applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to format and create visually compelling and professional documents, in alignment with established visual identity guidelines;
- A self-motivated person who embraces change, challenge and organization;
- Previous experience managing a direct report(s), with a commitment to leadership, is preferred;
- Strong team mentality and ability to work well with others;
- Appreciation and understanding of global economic trends;
- Deep interest and understanding of the Toronto Region and Ontario economies, and the opportunities to attract foreign direct investment;
- A passion for the Toronto Region is a must.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Toronto Global is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. All accommodation requests will be kept strictly confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.