Purpose of the Position: The Director of Community Development is responsible for the strategic economic, residential and community development plan for the Municipality of Port Hope, incorporating Council and community objectives for managed growth which includes our community heritage, housing, cultural, landscape and lifestyle objectives.
Responsible to: Council
- University degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economic Development, Planning and Development or a related field.
- Post graduate degree preferred (MBA, MA, MPA etc.).
- A minimum of five to six years’ experience, including management experience.
- Knowledge of Municipal, Provincial and Federal Acts, Regulations and Standards related to Planning and Economic Development.
- Verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate strategic and department decisions in a manner that aligns people and objectives. Ability to facilitate discussion between working groups and the public.
- Strategic, long term and proactive planning skills; organizational and time management skills.
For more details on this position, please visit the Municipal website at www.porthope.ca, in the Careers section.
Hours: Full-time; thirty-five (35) hours per week
Compensation: $87,341.80-$106,178.80 per annum.
Benefits: Eligible for enrolment in the group Health, Dental and Life Insurance benefit plan after three (3) months. Eligible for enrolment in the OMERS Pension Plan upon hire.
Application process: Please submit your resume on or before Sunday August 26, 2018 via:
|On-line Resume submission: at Municipality of Port Hope website: www.porthope.ca
Click on Career / Apply
|Mail: Human Resources Manager,
Municipality of Port Hope, 56 Queen St.
Port Hope ON L1A 3Z9
The Municipality of Port Hope thanks all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment. The Municipality of Port Hope is an equal opportunity Employer. Work accommodations are available, upon request, in the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.