Thank you for attending EDAC’s 49th Annual Conference, September 9-12, 2017 in Niagara Falls, ON!
Canada 150+: New Beginnings in Economic Development
Download the Conference Delegate Listing
View the Agenda
Follow and Tweet with us @E_D_A_C for updates about Niagara #EDAC17
Download Speaker Presentations
Think Local Act Global: Municipal Collaboration – Eleanor Miclette
BUSINESS & ECONOMIC DISASTER RECOVERY: IS YOUR COMMUNITY PREPARED? – Leann Hackman-Carty, Howard Pierpont, Jim Mountain & Michelle Sullivan
Connecting the Innovation Ecosystem – Bonnie Brown, Dina Iezzi, Ulrich Krull & Rob Henderson
Responding to Community Economic Development Challenges – Rick Evans & Erin Richmond
Triage BR+E: Prioritizing Time & Predicting Business Behaviour – Paul Blais, Chris Bandak &
Advanced Manufacturing TechnologiesHow Communities Can Capitalize – Gillian Hatton
DIGITAL MARKETING FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPERS – Heather Buttrum
ACCOMMODATION & TOURISM DEVELOPMENT – Brian Stanford
Mobilizing Economic Recruitment in Rural Ontario – Kara Van Myall
Presentation by BDC’s chief economist – Pierre Cléroux
GoForth Institute – Dr. Leslie McGeough
Check out the transportation options!
Travel from Toronto Pearson Airport to Niagara Falls
Niagara District Airport offers daily scheduled service at 10 am, 1 pm and 6 pm from Toronto to Niagara-On-The-Lake. This is a great way to get to Niagara from Toronto. Those choosing this route need to arrange transportation for the short drive from Niagara-On-The-Lake to Niagara Falls, but it would save the Toronto to Niagara highway commute. More info: http://www.flygta.com/flights/
Travel from Hamilton Airport to Niagara Falls
Full registration includes 3 full days (Sunday-Tuesday) of speakers and presentations, breakfast and lunch are included each day. Other events included are: Saturday evening Opening Reception, Sunday evening Fun Night, Monday Study Tours (additional fees may apply), as well as Tuesday evening’s President’s Reception and Dinner.
- Early Bird – Until June 15, 2017 = $664.59 + tax
- Regular Rate – June 16-September 8, 2017 = $719.59 + tax
- Members attending IEDC Discounted Rate* – June 16-September 8, 2017 = $669.59 + tax
- This year, members who are attending both EDAC and IEDC will be provided a $50.00 discount from both Organizations with proof of attendance!
- Early Bird – Until June 15, 2017 = $778.05 + tax
- Regular Rate – June 16-September 8, 2017 = $824.25 + tax
- Partner/Spouse = $382.20 + tax
- Per Diem/Daily Rate (up to 2 days) = $274.89 + tax (per day)
- Additional $100 fee to attend President’s Dinner with Per Diem Rate for Tuesday
Working on your Ec.D.? Register now for the EDAC Post-Conference Seminar
September 13-14, 2017 – Delicious Development: Economic Opportunities in Value Added Agriculture
Submit your Community Project for MIPIM 2018
Win a unique opportunity to show off your community’s assets at the World’s property market – for free!