This position reports directly to the Director of Economic Development.
The incumbent will be responsible to assist the Director of Economic Development in the planning, organizing and execution of City and regional economic development initiatives, strategies, projects and working groups to ensure that the collective economic well-being within the region is robust, diverse, and resilient.
The role will function as a key collaborator, coordinator and facilitator in the Greater Moncton economic development eco-system with the mission to make Greater Moncton a growing, prosperous and vibrant community. The role will represent the City of Moncton’s interests with a variety of community, business and governmental stakeholders.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at
506-877-7707 or visit www.moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the first officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city’s reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This is a non-unionized position.
The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
Any candidate not currently employed with the City of Moncton will need to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine. For further information on guidelines, please visit https://www.moncton.ca/covid-19
- Must have a university degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Economic Development and/or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in fields related to business development and/or community economic development, real estate, sales and development
- The ability to communicate in both official languages is a requirement (English and French).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior research, report and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of trends and issues in economic development, downtown development, real estate, population growth and workforce matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with stakeholders and officials with partner agencies, regional municipalities, the business community, other levels of government and a variety of internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct presentations with a high degree of skill in public relations.
- Ability to handle, schedule and prioritize multiple tasks and to work independently as well as with teams.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) computer applications. Must be familiar with industry-related software.
- Must possess and maintain a Class 5 New Brunswick driver’s license and be willing to travel.
- Existing contacts with other economic development and/or community development agencies and representatives locally, provincially and nationally are desirable. Will be required to regularly work with internal and external contacts as well as elected officials.