The Rural Manitoba Economic Development Corporation (RMED) is a newly established rural economic development office that will act as a hub for collaborative economic development in rural Manitoba. To lead this brand-new initiative, the board of directors is now seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The CEO will be responsible for advancing the provincial government’s rural economic mandate and to operationalize the core functions and achieve the overall objectives of RMED. As the face and navigator of this unique initiative, the CEO will lead and build the first-ever government organization that will be dedicated to the coordination of rural economic development in the province of Manitoba.
The CEO will have the exciting responsibility of building an organization from the ground floor, expand services and value through stakeholder community relations, be the “Rural Connector” for partners and government as well as the voice for rural economic development issues.
- Work closely with the board of directors and launch the operations, hire key staff such as finance, economic development officers, and other support staff;
- Identify, develop and implement long-term economic plans and strategies to promote economic growth and sustainability in rural Manitoba;
- Establish effective relationships with provincial and municipal government, local chamber of commerce, economic development organizations, the private business sector and Indigenous groups;
- Lead staff in delivering RMED core support services to communities such as; market intelligence, insight on rural economic development investment opportunities, and managing partnerships.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the local and regional markets and trends;
- In partnership with the board, develop internal policies, and controls for the organization;
- Responsible for the preparation of an annual business plan focusing
EXPERIENCE & SKILL SET:
Post-secondary Bachelor or Master’s degree with 10-12 years’ experience in economic development, marketing, or public relations;
- A minimum of 5 years of senior management and leadership experience;
- Proven experience in business planning and working with multiple stakeholder groups and partners, government agencies, and community relations;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, business development success through to planning and implementation of strategies.
- Open and inclusive communications skills and experience in communication and public relations with shareholders, communities, and partners.
- Proven leadership skills in mobilizing municipal and rural stakeholder collaboration and partnerships.
About Rural Manitoba Economic Development Corporation
The Rural Manitoba Economic Development Corporation (RMED) is a new rural economic development and regional partnership organization that meets the needs of rural municipalities and reflects the objectives of the Province of Manitoba’s Economic Growth Action Plan. RMED’s mandate is to identify priority areas, including the development of targeted sector strategies, to foster competitiveness, facilitate growth, identify investment opportunities, and address economic barriers in the province.
This is done through:
- Market Intelligence
- Investment Development
- Partnership and Capacity Building
- Communication and Promotion
To submit your candidacy, please email your resume in confidence to Dan Perera at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Karin Pooley, VP, Executive Search at 204.940.3939