We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual for the position of Business Services Manager for the Kivalliq Business Development Centre (KBDC) which provides developmental financing assistance and business services to small and medium sized entrepreneurs and businesses in the Kivalliq region of Nunavut.
This individual will:
- Manage the KBDC loan portfolio in its marketing, delivery, administration, monitoring and compliance.
- Assists in the preparation of financial proposals with a view to developing new or enhanced existing businesses
- Providing communications and support to the board of directors
- Ensuring administrative and accounting controls are in place at all times and adhered to.
- Ensuring that all functions to operate a business counselling and lending office are fulfilled.
- Representing the KBDC at regional and other public forums
Qualifications–A combination of education and experience will be considered:
- A Business Degree/Diploma or a combination of related education and experience in Community Economic Development and/or Business Administration
- Well-organized; able to set priorities and effectively manage time
- Must be competent with computer usage such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Sage, and loan management programs.
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent written, communication and leadership skills in English, Inuktitut verbal and written skills will be an asset.
- Ability to work effectively with the Board of Directors, Private Businesses and Municipal Councils/Community committees in achieving desired results.
This is a full-time position. Normal hours of work: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Office location: Rankin Inlet, Nunavut. This position will require air travel to other communities in the Kivalliq. Salary is in the range of $91,000 to $115,000 plus a northern allowance/benefits package, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Job description is available from the contact noted below.
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume/cover letter outlining skills and experience no later than January 18, 2019 at 4:30 pm EST by email to Cheri Kemp-Long, Contract Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you to all applicants; however, only persons whose applications have been selected will be contacted.