Access to a National Economic Development Network
- 24/7 member knowledge sharing forum
- Annual Conference dealing with current topics in economic development
- National & international networking
- Membership Directory
- Publications and Reports
- White Papers
- Peer Review Team
- Performance Measurement in Economic Development
- EDAC’s Guide The Essentials of Economic Development Practices, Principles and Planning
Professional Accreditation with the Ec.D.
Those who pass our examination and satisfy EDAC’s stringent requirement of education and experience are entitled to the professional recognition of the designation Ec.D. – Certified Economic Developer. More information.
Economic developers can broaden their education and improve their skills while still maintaining full employment. The two year Economic Development program is offered throughout Canada. It was established in 1972 by EDAC and the University of Waterloo and has been offered in French since 1988, at the University of Sherbrooke in co-operation with the Association des Professionnels en Developpement Economique du Quebec (APDEQ).
The Masters Degree
EDAC helped develop the Master of Applied Environmental Studies in Economic Development (MAES) – the first of its kind in Canada – at the University of Waterloo.
- Scholarships: EDAC, annually awards a limited number of Scholarships to members who have demonstrated a need for financial assistance. These can be used for any EDAC – accredited courses/seminars and are available only to EDAC members.
Community Promotion Ideas
Discounts and Exclusives
- EDAC Group Home and Auto Insurance – Economical Select
- EDAC Group Employee Benefits Packages – MacAvoy, Belan & Campbell
- Choice Hotels Canada discounts
- Delta Hotel discounts
- Petro Canada SuperPass discounts
- Thrifty Car Rentals – Enter the EDAC Member Corporate # 1660230445
- Costco Membership Incentive
- Hakim Optical discounts
International Network for Economic Developers (INED)
The Economic Developers Association of Canada; (EDAC), Council for Urban Economic Development, (CUED), USA; European Association of Development Agencies (EURADA) and the Australian Regional Best Practice Network (ARBPN) signed a Memorandum of Understanding on September 24, 1995
- To promote and enable an international exchange of information, experience and best practice among economic development practitioners and organizations.
- To assist members of respective organizations to develop bilateral contacts/or common projects; to facilitate an international learning exchange and to develop electronic networks for information exchange for both organizations and their members.