Download the 2018 Marketing Canada Awards Brochure
We welcome submissions from both EDAC members and non-members. All organizations involved in marketing Canadian provinces, territories, regions, cities, towns, and areas.
To be eligible for EDAC’s Marketing Canada Awards submissions must include projects that have not previously won an EDAC Marketing Canada Award and that have been in use within the last 12 months.
All submissions are organized according to total economic development operating budget, not individual project budget.
- Less than $200,000
- Greater than $600,000
We look forward to receiving your submission and payment by:
Thursday, August 1, 2019
EDAC Members: $83.74 (plus tax) per submission
Non-Members: $128.40 (plus tax) per submission
The Marketing Canada Awards Judging Panel is made up of a diverse group of individuals with marketing and promotion expertise. Judges will evaluate submissions to determine award recipients.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria*:
- Creativity and uniqueness of the approach
- Effectiveness in achieving objectives
- Ease of extracting information
- Completeness and consistency of approach
Online! No need to print the submission form and fax it in. Please fill out the online Marketing Canada Awards Submission Form and upload any sample materials and abstracts.
What we need from you:
Along with a completed submission form, please include a single page (maximum – for each submission) abstract detailing the purpose and impact of your marketing efforts. Where applicable please detail the sustainable product, process, or materials used in your marketing efforts. This information will be significant as the purpose behind the marketing can be more important than what the judges can determine simply by viewing the samples received.
For each submission’s abstract, include:
- Purpose of project (including anticipated outcomes)
- Effectiveness / Meeting Objectives (if known)
- Challenges & Changes made
- Target Audience (demographics)
- Any specifics as detailed in the particular Awards Categories
- Any details regarding the sustainability of your project: Sustainability is about mindfulness – being mindful of one’s place, processes, and mentality in order to influence change for the better of our communities, local and global. Sustainable marketing is about social responsibility. Marketing needs to evolve to impact community behavior and increase the effectiveness of the distribution of products and information.
In the spirit of “going green”, we are encouraging electronic versions of all samples or materials to be judged. If you wish to send a hard copy of any materials, please only send one copy by mail to:
EDAC/ACDE Marketing Canada Awards
1100 South Service Rd., Suite 205
Stoney Creek, ON L8E 0C5
Inquiries should be directed to
firstname.lastname@example.org or 289-649-1771
Stay tuned to send in 2019 submissions in June!