POSITION: Arts, Culture & Heritage Officer
REPORTS TO: Director of Economic Development and Tourism
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Initiatives
LOCATION: Initial Placement – Wincey Mills Paris
- Minimum undergraduate degree from a four-year university program or equivalent in creative and cultural industry management, arts administration, arts management, museum studies, or a related field.
- Preference for areas of focus in business/arts joint degree, creative and cultural economic development, museum curation, heritage designation
- Minimum 3-4 years related experience is required in order to have adequate knowledge of the trends/developments in arts, culture and heritage fields
- Experience with associated marketing and budgetary responsibilities
- Stakeholder and industry organization participation experience
- Experience with funding applications and source funding activities
- Governmental agency experience
- Knowledge of and participation within International, National & Provincial sector organizations
- Well-developed interpersonal communication, writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Provide recommendations on the administration, assessment and preservation the County of Brant’s heritage and cultural resources, including County-owned heritage structures.
- Development of arts, culture and heritage policies and programs.
- Providing leadership and support in developing and implementing arts, culture and heritage initiatives and policies that will advance corporate strategic plans including: County of Brant Strategic Plan, County of Brant Economic Development Strategy & Action Plan, County of Brant Filming & Digital Media Strategy & Action Plan and the forthcoming Arts, Culture & Heritage Masterplan
- Promote the County of Brant as a viable location for new and/or expanding cultural industries
- County of Brant liaison for all designated heritage properties including National, Provincial & Locally designated properties
- Assess required resources, formulate strategies and propose initiatives to increase the arts, culture and heritage impact on the economic and social aspects of the community
- Provide input and assistance on annual budget and strategic marketing plan for the cultural & creative industries sector
- Facilitate and initiate innovative partnerships to support related organizations and advance the development of the sector
- Develop funding requests, conduct due diligence for funding proposals and administer funds from private and public sector sources, including grant programs across all levels of government
- Divisional liaison for various committees, including the County of Brant Heritage Committee, Tourism Advisory Committee, the Brant Museums & Galleries Association as well as various community museum, heritage, arts and cultural committee sittings
- Research and author staff reports, information updates and memos to Council and various Advisory Committees
- Administer and manage the County of Brant’s public art portfolio, and associated maintenance plan including estimates for services and evaluation of proposals
- Represent the County of Brant at a variety of networking and industry events, preparing and delivering presentations to local and regional stakeholders, government representatives and industry partners
Annual Salary Range – $73,510-86,013 (Job Grade 7 – under review – 35 hours per week)
Please visit www.brant.ca/jobs to apply for this opportunity.
The application deadline is: Sunday, June 20th, 2021 @ 11:59 p.m.
Date of Posting: June 2nd, 2021
The County of Brant is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accessibility accommodations are available for all stages of the recruitment process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the County if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.