Welcome to the Economic Developers Association of Canada (EDAC) website. EDAC is Canada’s national organization of economic developers pursuing excellence in the field since 1968. The association offers its members professional development, networking opportunities and a comprehensive offering of resources, both on and offline.
The EDAC Mission Statement
To enhance professional competence, advance economic development as a profession, and contribute to Canada’s well-being.
RBC Royal Bank, as a leading financial institution serving public sector organizations across Canada, has been EDAC’s Corporate Partner for many years. We are grateful for their support in our endeavors; including the EDAC / RBC Royal Bank Economic Development Achievement of the Year Award, Scholarships, etc.
What does EDAC do?
- Professional Development
- Professional Accreditation – Ec.D. designation
- Educational Seminars and Courses
- Annual National Conference
- Awards and Scholarships
- Federal/Provincial/Municipal/International liaison
We are affiliated with:
- Provincial / Territorial Economic Development Associations
- RBC Royal Bank
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Canadian Business Networks Coalition (CBNC)
- European Association of Development Agencies (EURADA)
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM)
- Government of Canada
- International Network for Economic Developers (INED)
- International Economic Development Council (IEDC)
- University of Sherbrooke
- University of Waterloo